Metal & Energy Topics highlights
A. Macro view:
· Global metal and energy sector situation and trend
· Impact of USA – China Trade war, how to attract China investor to Indonesia
· China policy on metal and energy development under BRI, how to resolve over capacity problem
· Indonesian Government policy and incentives
B. Sectional Opportunity and Challenge
1) Nickel ore, NPI, Stainless steel
· Resource and reserve, - Ore export and domestic demand
· Technology development; Pyro and Hydro development
· Pyro: NPI & Stainless-steel investment and progress
· Hydro: HPAL investment progress
· Stainless steel downstream Industry
o Hot rolling and cool rolling
o Heat treatment
· Bauxite ore, availability and export opportunity
· Alumina Investment progress; Inalum, Weiqiao, Jinjiang, Nanshan
· Aluminiumand Energy – Development in North Kalimantan, would Kalimantan be the Centre of energy intensive industry? What is the Government policy and market reaction?
· Aluminium industrial parks – Would BAI (Bintan Alumina Indonesia) be the next Morowali of Alumina industry?
3) Cooper opportunity:
· Freeport majority share o Freeport is owned by In Indonesian starting December 21, 2018, how is Free-port Next
· where and how the next smelter development?
· Who would build and invest in the next smelter
· Other opportunities in Cooper
4) Carbon steel:
· Market supply and Demand
· Opportunity and challenge, where is the ideal location?
· Could iron sand be developed to be the main material for Carbon Steel?
5) Re-cycle of metal and industry waste
· Import limitation of recycled metal to China means opportunity to Indonesia
· How is Indonesian policy on the recycle metal industry?
· Increasing usage of recycled metal.
· Indonesian and China Energy policy short and long term;
· Energy Demand and Supply
· Hydro energy resources
o North Kalimantan Kayan, Mentarang, Bahao resources and development
o Papua opportunity
· Mine mouth power plant
o Where is the ideal location? how about South Sumatera? central Kalimantan? North Kalimantan
· Oil and gas opportunity;
o Rokan Block and ahakam Block etc. oil and gas be returned to Indonesia by 2021, what is the opportunity?